Taarabt sale wouldn’t hinder QPR’s Premier League survival chances
Neil Warnock’s patience with Adel Taarabt looks to have finally run out and the maverick Moroccan is poised for a January move out of Loftus Road.
The forward was not even amongst the substitutes for QPR’s 2-1 defeat against Norwich at the weekend and, following a less than impressive start to life in the Premier League, Taarabt is rumoured to be on his way to Paris Saint Germain.
The Metro is reporting QPR would accept a bid of around £8million for the erratic 22-year-old as they grow increasingly worried about his unsettling influence on the rest of the squad – captain Joey Barton spoke out against Taarabt earlier in the season and now Warnock has criticised his fitness levels.
Speaking of Taarabt’s absence against Norwich, Warnock said: “I think he has to get himself a little bit fitter.
“He knows what I feel about his fitness levels, but he trained hard [on Saturday].
“But I am not sure that would have been a game for him anyhow.”
QPR are currently out at 4/1 to get relegated from the Premier League but, with plenty of money to spend in January, the Hoops should have more than enough to avoid the drop with or without a player who only performs if the stars are correctly aligned.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror are reporting that Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean will be given a £10million transfer kitty in an attempt to buy their way out of trouble this January.
Kean said: “There are areas that I’d like to strengthen. We have found it -difficult at times with senior players out.
“We will look to bring in different players. I want a midfield player who can pick out the runs of our forwards and I am also looking for someone to add goals to the team up front.”
However, with Rovers succumbing to a 3-1 hammering against Stoke at the weekend, it looks as though it will take more than £10million to keep them safe.
Rovers are 4/6 to be playing Championship football next year.