Home  »     »   Sorry Everton fans, John Stones isn’t as good as you thought

Sorry Everton fans, John Stones isn’t as good as you thought

| 28.01.2016

He may be seen as the future of the England’s defence, but according to Ladbrokes’ latest poll John Stones is receiving more plaudits than he deserves.

After a performance against Manchester City that sees the Everton man still on the lookout for Sergio Aguero, we put it to a vote as to whether the youngster was all that.

And while the 21-year-old clearly has plenty of talent and has a bright future ahead of him it appears the majority believe the press are getting ahead of themselves with the fawning over the former Barnsley man.

A total of 71 per cent of those polled said that Stones isn’t quite as good as the pundits have been suggesting, while the remaining 29 per cent had his back.


There’s no denying that like the rest of the Everton defence, Stones will be hoping to put the League Cup semi to the back of his mind as they travel to Carlisle for an FA Cup fourth round encounter.

A good performance, and smooth progression would certainly relieve a tiny bit of pressure on Roberto Martinez in the Goodison Park dug-out, but Stones will have to really go some to justify the lofty claims that have been thrown his way according to the voters.

What do you think? Have the masses been too hard on the stopper? Then let us know in the comments section below.

All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.

Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets



Ben Stones

Ladbrokes News’ equine expert, Ben likes nothing more than studying the form to pick out a winner or two for our readers. A Journalism and Media Studies graduate from the University of Winchester, Ben has previously written for a number of football and racing blogs and websites, as well as contributing to the sports pages of his home-town newspaper.