England v Bangladesh: Hosts need to make important statement
The ICC Champions Trophy gets underway when England host Bangladesh at the Oval in what is a crucial opener for the hosts.
And with Australia and New Zealand the other two sides in England’s group, the hosts can’t afford to slip up here.
Handily, England head into this clash fresh from a solid 2-1 series win over South Africa, with the pitch at Lord’s playing a major role in the final match defeat on Monday.
Their key man this summer could well be Ben Stokes.
The 25-year-old shone in the Indian Premier League earlier this year, and despite a knee injury which may limit his bowling ability, fired in a superb 101 off 79 balls in the second clash versus the Proteas.
Jason Roy is a man under pressure owing to four single-figure scores in his last five ODIs.
The opener is also feeling the heat from the performances of Jonny Bairstow – three half-centuries in four ODIs – and will be firmly under the cosh if he doesn’t produce a handsome score in South London.
Bangladesh must not be discounted however, for they’ve won four of their last seven ODIs against England – including that famous win in the 2015 World Cup.
They boast three of the ICC’s top 15 bowlers in Shakib Al Hasan, Mashrafe Mortaza and Mustafizur Rahman and are very much a nation in the ascendancy.
This should be an early victory for England – and they need to lay down a marker – but it might not be as comfortable as many may expect.
Plus, we’re offering you an incredible concession on the tournament opener…
Get Money Back if your team loses but a player scores a century!*
Place a single match bet on an ICC Champions Trophy fixture, and if a player from your team scores a century we will refund your stake as a free bet up to £/€50 if your team loses the match. See below for full Terms and Conditions.
1. Place a single match bet on an ICC Champions Trophy fixture, and if a player from your team scores a century we will refund your stake as a free bet up to £/€50 if your team loses the match.
2. Available to new and existing Online and Mobile customers only. The offer does not apply to bets placed through Shops, Telebetting, BetStation or the Ladbrokes Exchange.
3. Offer is available on all matches in the ICC Champions Trophy between Thursday 1st June and Sunday 18th June 2017.
4. To be eligible for a refund of up to £/€50, your selection must have lost the fixture and any player from your selected team must successfully record a minimum of 100 runs.
5. Offer applies to Single bets only. Refunds will not apply to any Multiple bets.
6. Offer applies to Match Betting from 9am the day prior to the match only.
7. Only bets placed prior to the scheduled start of play are eligible for this promotion. Bets placed in play do not count.
8. Free bet refunds will be credited within 24 hours and are then valid for 7 days.
9. Refunds for Online and Mobile customers apply to the first losing bet on the Match Betting market, up to £/€50 per customer. Subsequent bets on the same market will not count towards the offer.
10. The offer is open to Digital customers betting in £/€, or currency equivalent.
11. For general terms and conditions relating to Free Bet offers – see here.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing