Kevin Doyle previews the FA Cup and the Premier League this weekend
Looking at who will win the FA Cup, I think Man City are the deserved favourites given the strength of their squad. They’re not really concentrating on too much else and the league is basically over for them.
This is the perfect opportunity for them to win something. I think the team that will challenge them the most for the FA Cup is Man United. I am United fan and I have a good feeling about the direction they’re going in as I have said before.
What Marcus Rashford did during lockdown was incredible, bringing a really good feel good factor to the place. I think they deserve to be closer to City in the betting than they currently are.
Norwich v Manchester United, Saturday 17:30
It feels weird talking about the FA Cup and it’s going to be hard to tell what different clubs will do. Will they play their first team or a weakened side? The break has done Manchester United good and it is hard to see anything but a win for them here.
Norwich are basically relegated and maybe the FA Cup will be a bit of a distraction for them. However, a confident Man United should win this one comfortably.
Prediction: Norwich 1-3 Manchester United.
Leicester v Chelsea, Sunday 16:00
The games are coming thick and fast for Chelsea. At this stage it’s hard to know where Chelsea’s priorities lie. More than likely they will finish in the top-four so they will be concentrating on securing a Champions League place.
I think we will see changes to both teams for this game. Chelsea have a stronger second XI to Leicester so I think the Blues will win.
Prediction: Leicester 0-2 Chelsea.
Newcastle v Man City, Sunday 18:30
I would be stupid to say anything other than a win for Man City here. Even if they rest their first XI, they still have the strongest squad in the league and the strongest 25 players. Newcastle are sneaky though.
As much criticism as they get, they have still slipped into mid-table and won their first game back. There is no chance of them being involved in a relegation battle now. Steve Bruce has done a very good job there under a lot of pressure.
They keep causing surprises so if they get something from this, it wouldn’t be a shock. That said, I would be mad to oppose City. They’re just too strong and their second string is as good as anyone’s first string in most cases.
Prediction: Newcastle 1-2 Manchester City.
Aston Villa v Wolves, Saturday 12:30
Wolves have come back strongly from the lockdown and look a young, enthusiastic and hungry side.
Villa are obviously fighting for their lives. I thought they were a bit unlucky against Chelsea. They didn’t have much possession, but they lost 2-1 having been 1-0 ahead. They urgently need a win but I just think Wolves will be too strong.
It is a derby game, albeit not the biggest derby in the Midlands. The fact that Villa desperately need something from this, means that I’m going for a draw here.
Prediction: 1-1 Draw.
Watford v Southampton, Sunday 16:30
I think Southampton will win this as Watford haven’t set the world alight this season and have struggled more than others. I think Southampton are a more settled squad and have come out of lockdown with some contracts sorted, most notably the manager’s.
They also had a good win on their first game back, so I have good feeling about Southampton between now and the end of the season.
Prediction: Watford 1-2 Southampton.
Aston Villa v Wolves – Draw
Watford v Southampton – Southampton
Sheffield United v Arsenal – Sheffield United
Leicester v Chelsea – Chelsea
Newcastle v Man City – Man City
My 1-2-Free Prediction:
Norwich v Man Utd – 3-1 Man United
Leicester v Chelsea – 2-0 Chelsea
Newcastle v Man City – Man City 2-1
1. This Sports Promotion is available weekly to qualifying customers from 00:00 Monday 29th August until further notice on the Ladbrokes Mobile app and mobile web only. If we decide to withdraw this Sports Promotion, this will not impact any Qualifying Bets you have placed during the Promotional Period before such withdrawal.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
2. This Sports Promotion is open to new and existing customers aged 18 years or over with accounts registered in the UK&/or Republic of Ireland, using the Mobile App or Mobile Web.
3. This Sports Promotion is not available to customers who open new accounts depositing funds with PayPal Moneybookers, Paysafe, Neteller or Skrill.
4. Employees of the Promoter, any advertising agency or web company connected with the promoter or any such person’s agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to participate in this Sports Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
HOW TO CLAIM THIS SPORTS PROMOTION
5. This is a free to enter sports promotion available on the Ladbrokes Sports App and Mobile Web only. Simply predict the correct score of the selected matches (90 mins only) on the 1-2 Free game to win a prize as detailed in term 7.
6. Predictions must be entered before kick-off of the first game played. Any entries after kick off will not be eligible.
7. Prizes are broken down as follows:
Predict 3 out of 3 correct scores and you will win £/€100 cash in your account.
Predict 2 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€5 free bet.
Predict 1 out of 3 correct scores and you will win a £/€1 free bet.
8. If for any reason a match listed as part of 1-2-Free is abandoned (void) the prizes of the games will be as follows:
One void selection: £/€5 free bet (2 correct)
Two void selections: £/€1 free bet (1 correct)
Three void selections: No game has taken place and no Prizes are awarded.
9. There will be a maximum of 1 entry per customer per game week.
RESTRICTIONS ON YOUR FREE BET
10. Should you successfully win a free bet or cash this will be credited within 24 hours of the last game finishing.
11. Your free bet must be used within 7 days of it being credited to your account, otherwise it will expire.
12. Free bets cannot be redeemed for cash at any time.
13. Your free bet must be wagered as a single bet on any Sports market.
14. Please note that the value of your free bet will not be included in any winnings.
15. Your free bet is not returned if your free bet wager becomes void.
17. To withdraw the cash from your account you can do so once it’s credited however your account must be fully verified.
18. The same Maximum Pay Out restrictions set out in our General Website Terms & Conditions will equally apply to this Sports Promotion.
19. Promoter: LC International Limited.
20. This Sports Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other www.ladbrokes.com Sports Promotion.
21. We reserve the right to change or end any Sports Promotion, if required for legal and/or regulatory reasons.
22. If you have made one or more Qualifying Bets in relation to this Sports Promotion and your betting levels are subsequently restricted by us, we will make sure that this will not materially affect your ability to satisfy the conditions to qualify for this Sports Promotion (if applicable) or to fully benefit from the free bets available.
23. Ladbrokes is operated by LC International Limited (Suite 6, Atlantic Suites, Gibraltar) and licensed (ref 54743) and regulated by the British Gambling Commission for persons gambling in Great Britain. For persons gambling outside Great Britain, Ladbrokes is licensed (ref 010, 012) by the Government of Gibraltar and regulated by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk