Professor’s XI: Arsenal & Liverpool in FA Cup semi-final quiz answers
The long wait to walk up that famous Wembley way is nearly over as four, rather than the once-traditional two, teams prepare to play on the hallowed turf.
But while the excitement surrounding the upcoming semi-finals may have disappated somewhat iN recent times, here at Ladbrokes News we still can’t get enough of everything and anything FA Cup related.
All of which goes some way to explaining why we have put together a rather unique looking quiz that could see you test your wits on all things Wembley and semi-final related.
So why not take on the Professor and see just how much you know about FA Cup encounters involving “the final four” over the years.
1. Who was the last team to beat Arsenal in an FA Cup semi-final?
Chelsea in 2009
2. How many goals were scored across last season’s two FA Cup semi-finals?
3. Since winning the FA Cup in 2004, Manchester United have twice been eliminated from the competition at the semi-final stage – can you name the two teams to dump them out?
Everton and Manchester City
4. Excluding replays, which side holds the record for the most FA Cup semi-final appearances?
5. Reading will become the fourth non-top-tier side to reach the FA Cup semi-finals in the last three years – can you name the other three teams?
Wigan, Sheffield United and Millwall
6. Bolton’s 1999-2000 semi-final loss to Aston Villa completed an unfortunate hat-trick of what?
Semi-final exits – lost in semi-finals of FA Cup, League Cup and play-offs that season
7. Arsene Wenger holds the record for the most consecutive FA Cup semi-final appearances – how many?
8. Name the last three Premier League teams to win an FA Cup semi-final and suffer relegation in the same season.
Middlesbrough, Portsmouth and Wigan
9. When Manchester United reached the 2007 FA Cup final they did so with a 4-1 semi-final win over Watford – can you name the “three Rs” that scored for the Red Devils that day?
Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Kieran Richardson
10. How many FA Cup semi-finals have also been derby encounters in the last 10 years? (Note: only established local derbies count)
Two – Liverpool v Everton and Manchester United v Manchester City
11. Though not a member of the Crazy Gang, I made my name at the same club before being responsible for a mental FA Cup semi-final miss that denied some Trotters a chance of walking out at Wembley – Who am I?
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.