Liverpool legend’s greatest Merseyside derby goals
While one half of Merseyside will mourn the loss of LA Galaxy-bound Steven Gerrard, those Everton fans casting eyes on Liverpool’s talisman for the last time in a derby will be only too glad to see the back of him.
Only legendary striker Ian Rush has bagged more goals against the Toffees for Liverpool than Gerrard, who goes into his final Merseyside derby looking for one more goal to make it double figures in the Premier League.
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has stated that his skipper is more focused than ever on getting the job done for Liverpool at Goodison Park on Saturday teatime, with emotion coming off second best.
Ladbrokes punters should be aware that Stevie G has bagged five goals in his last six games against Everton, adding a huge dollop of attraction to his odds of 10/3 to bag at anytime across Stanley Park.
Whether or not you are a fan of the Liverpool stalwart, you can only sit back and marvel at his goal-grabbing capabilities in these big matches at times.
Therefore we’ve taken the trouble to find some clips of his finest strikes against the blue half of Merseyside over a derby career stretching back to the 1999/2000 campaign.
1. Gerrard’s first derby goal is arguably his best back in September 2001
2. This goal set up beautifully by Fernando Torres arrived in the FA Cup back in
3. Back in 2012 Gerrard single-handedly destroyed the Toffees with a hat-trick
4. With a sniff of the Premier League title Gerrard’s delight at scoring this header
last season was evident
5. A typical moment of wizardry from a free-kick arrived just this season
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.