Chile v Peru: Hosts on course to reach Copa America final
Copa America hosts Chile go into their semi-final meeting with Peru as favourites and while La Roja were made to work for their win over Uruguay they should have enough in the tank to swat Peru aside.
While Chile enjoyed 80 per cent of the possession against Uruguay, they had to wait until the 81st minute – when La Celeste were down to 10 men – to find the vital winner.
Peru, meanwhile, cruised past a Bolivia side that had flattered to device en-route to the last eight and as such should be well rested for this match.
Not that it should matter, Chile have won seven of the last eight meetings between these two and as such are justifiable favourites at 1/2.
Should the midfielder get on the scoresheet once more, however, the stats suggest he might be the only one.
Here’s the professor with the reasons why.
- 10 of the 16 Copa America semi-finals since 1993 have had Under 2.5 goals, with at least one team failing to score in 11 of these matches
- At least one team has failed to score in six of Chile’s last seven games
- Five of Chile’s last seven matches had Under 2.5 goals
- At least one team has failed to score in 10 of Peru’s last 14 games
- Seven of Peru’s last 10 competitive matches had Under 2.5 goals
Recommended Bet: Under 2.5 Goals at 8/13