Copa America: Argentina could struggle to bounce back
Paraguay pulled off the shock of the tournament so far with their battling 2-2 draw against Argentina last time out.
The effort Ramon Diaz’s side put in to salvage a point and the fact they have to travel from La Serena up to Antofagasta to face a Jamaica side that is staying put means the Reggae Boyz will fancy their chances.
In the other of tonight’s games La Albiceleste will be desperate to bounce back but could find Uruguay a tougher nut to crack than Los Guaranies.
Paraguay v Jamaica
Paraguay may have shocked many with their exploits against Argentina but the result is not an accurate reflection of a game which saw La Albiceleste dominated play and spurned several chances along the way.
Jamaica may have lost their opener but after amassing 11 shots against the now-Group B leaders only a minor improvement is needed to trouble Paraguay.
Did You Know?
- – Paraguay have only won one of their last 10 matches, despite playing the likes of China and the UAE in that time
- – Jamaica have only lost three of their last 18 games at neutral venues
- – Paraguay have only kept one clean sheet in their last eight matches
- – Since 1990 just 14 of 59 matches at major tournaments where one side has drawn their opening game and the other has lost theirs have finished as draws, including only one of 11 Copa America matches.
Recommended Bet: Jamaica Double Chance @ 19/20
Argentina v Uruguay
After losing their opener Argentina will have all the motivation they need against Uruguay’s defeat will leaving them facing at best a potential clash with Brazil and at worst Group Stage elimination.
Uruguay had fewer shots than Jamaica in their 1-0 win over the Reggae Boyz so it seems that Diego Godin and Jose Giminez will be the stars of the show as Oscar Tabarez’s side look to frustrate the 19/10 tournament favourites.
- – 11 of Uruguay’s last 17 matches had Under 2.5 goals
- – Uruguay have conceded just once in their last five Copa America matches
- – Argentina have won just one of their last four second matches at the Copa America
- – Uruguay are now unbeaten in seven consecutive Copa America matches
Recommended Bet: Under 2.5 goals @ 8/11
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.