The Professor’s Week That Was: Ashes defeat and Stevie G feature
It’s been another thrilling week of sport with superhuman Chris Froome bossing the Tour de France, success for Britain’s Davis Cup team and there’s still more to come with a dramatic conclusion to the Open in store.
But how closely have you been following all the action?
As you’d expect our very own calculator with a beard has absorbed every putt, drop shot and gruelling climb up the Pyrenees. And now it’s your turn to put your knowledge to the test by taking on The Professor’s Week That Was quiz.
There are no rules. But if you’re using a search engine, well-known online encyclopedia or any other website to get your answers then you’re only cheating yourself.
There’s 10 points up for grabs in total. Go!
Allez Les Bleus
1. Who was Jo-Wilfried Tsonga’s doubles partner against the Murray brothers during Saturday’s gripping Davis Cup rubber?
2. For only the second time in the 155-year history of the Open, play will run into Monday. In which other year was there play on a fourth-day?
A. 1978 B. 1988 C. 1998
Score in the USA
3. Which MLS club did Steven Gerrard open his LA Galaxy account against in a 5-2 win?
Time to say goodbye
4. Which legendary flat jockey has announced he’ll be retiring after Glorious Goodwood, a few weeks earlier than originally planned?
On the road again
5. Which club managed by former Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari signed Robinho last week following his release from Santos?
It’s a knockout
6. Name the British heavyweight whose career is now teetering on the brink following a second-round knockout against Erkan Teper
Election fever hits Catalunya
7. Who has just been elected president of Barcelona FC, defeating former incumbent Joan Laporta?
Howzat for a heavy defeat?
8. Which two Australian batsmen made mincemeat of England’s bowling attack to score 173 and 215 runs respectively in the Baggy Greens’ 1st innings of the 2nd Ashes Test?
The perfect start at Parkhead
9. Name the Celtic new boy who bagged the opener in the Hoops’ 2-0 success over Icelandic side Stjarnan in the Champions League second qualifying round.
MVG is feeling on top of the world
10. Top seed Michael van Gerwen made it through to the second round of the World Matchplay darts in Blackpool by beating a fellow Dutchman. Can you name him?
Click here for the answers.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets.