England set to brush Slovakia aside in Big Sam’s first assignment
Having finished Euro 2016 qualifying as the only team with a 100 per cent record, the Three Lions are set to carry on where they left off as the road to Russia begins with a trip to Slovakia.
Jan Kozak’s men were fortunate to take a point from England in a one-sided game at the Euros – but Sam Allardyce’s men have an otherwise perfect record against Slovenski sokoli, having defeated them in each of the other three meetings.
The most impressive of those victories, a 4-0 triumph back in 2009 saw a certain Wayne Rooney find the net twice at Wembley, and the Manchester United man will break David Beckham’s record as England’s most capped outfield player if he makes his 116th appearance for the national side in Trnava on Sunday.
And having scored in 12 of his last 20 games for the Three Lions, there’s plenty of value in backing Rooney to score anytime at 9/4, while 12/1 says the captain can repeat his feat of 2009 by netting twice or more.
For those backing England’s strikers to fill their boots against a Slovakia side who have only kept four clean sheets in their last 16 home games, you can also back Rooney and Kane both to net at 8/1, while it’s the same price for Vardy and Kane to each find the net.
In the match betting, Big Sam’s boys look by far the best value at Evens for victory, with 10/3 for a Slovakian win and 23/10 for the draw.
And those who fancy a flutter get a safety net in this game thanks to our fantastic offer – Money back as a free bet if the match ends in a draw!
And to celebrate our first England game as the official FA bookmaker we’ve got this cracking offer…
Get Money Back if it’s a Draw!*
We will refund losing bets up to £/€25 on selected markets if the match ends in a DRAW. Money Back as Free Bet. See below for full Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- 1. If the Slovakia v England match on Sunday 4 September ends in a DRAW we will refund losing bets on that match (as detailed in term 4) up to £/€25 per market, as Free Bets.
- Available to new and existing Online, Mobile, Tablet, SMS and Shop customers. The offer does not apply to bets placed through Telebetting, BetStation, or the Ladbrokes Exchange.
- Offer applies to Single bets only. Refunds will not apply to any Multiple bets.
- Offer applies to bets placed for Slovakia v England on the following markets (on 90 minutes play) before kick-off: Correct Score, First Player To Score, and Half Time/Full Time. The offer also applies to Match Result (Win Draw Win) bets placed in shop on The Grid. Match Result refunds do not apply to any other customers.
- Any bet placed on an eligible market from 08:00 August 29th 2016 will qualify for the refund if the Slovakia v England match on 4 September 2016 ends in a Draw.
The offer only applies if the match ends in a Draw after 90 minutes. Any markets which are refunded are based on the 90 minutes result.
- Offer applies to bets placed before kick-off of Slovakia v England at 5pm on Sunday 4 September. Bets placed in-play do not count.
- Refunds for Online and Mobile customers apply to the first losing bet on each market, up to £/€25 per customer. Subsequent bets on the same market(s) will not count towards the offer.
Online, Mobile, and SMS free bet refunds will be credited within 24 hours and are then valid for 7 days.
- Shop customers can have more than one Free Bet refund per market but the total amount of the Free Bet will not exceed £/€25 per customer per market.
In shops, the Free Bet will be issued when the losing receipt is presented at the counter and will be valid for 7 days.
- The offer is open to Retail and Digital customers betting in £/€, or currency equivalent.
- For general terms and conditions relating to Free Bet offers – see here.
For full Terms and Conditions visit: https://www.ladbrokes.com/tc/englandmb/
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing