Home  »     »   Pep or Jose? Mourinho wins the popularity contest ahead of Manc derby

Pep or Jose? Mourinho wins the popularity contest ahead of Manc derby

| 08.09.2016

Most people would rather have Jose Mourinho on their side than Pep Guardiola. So say the voters in today’s @Ladbrokes poll.

Ahead of the most-anticipated Manchester derby in years, we asked you to simply decide who you would rather have leading out your team on Saturday.

The Special One came out on top, leaving tika-taka loving Pep behind.

The United boss won today’s vote with 56 per cent, leaving Pep to pick up second place on 44 per cent.


But enough about that, let’s talk football.

It’s Manchester United versus Manchester City. It’s Jose Mourinho versus Pep Guardiola. It’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic versus, er, anyone who dares to Zlatan.

We’re offering a host of offers for the big game, all of which you can read up on and get involved with right here.

Mourinho enters his first Manchester derby in charge of the favourites, with United priced at 11/8, and City – without Aguero of course – deemed the outsiders at 9/4.

Mr Ibrahimovic is 4/1 to further endear himself the United faithful with the first goal of the game, while it’s 5/1 Jose and Pep refuse to shake hands.

After 49 yellows and two red cards in the last 10 meetings, 12/5 says Mark Clattenburg brings out another red on Saturday.

It’s 8/1 the atmosphere gets too much for Mourinho and he gets sent to the stands, while 20s says it’s Guardiola who loses his cool and is dismissed.

For all the stats that matter for the game at the Theatre of Dreams head here.

And you can enjoy all our pre-match Manchester derby special markets right here.

Furthermore, we’ve got this little beauty for mobile customers…

Bet £20 in-play on Man Utd v Man City & get a free £10 in-play bet on Liverpool v Leicester (KO 17.30)*

Place a bet of £/€20 or more IN-PLAY on Man Utd v Man City (KO 12:30) on Saturday 10th September at minimum odds of 1/2.

You will then receive a free IN-PLAY bet of £/€10 to redeem on Liverpool v Leicester (Saturday 10th September KO 17:30).

*Click here for full Terms and Conditions

It’s set to be one of the most enticing, intriguing and enthralling Manchester derbies of all time, and it’s certain to prove unmissable viewing.

All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing..



Richard Marsh

Richard loves his sport, especially if it involves the sound of tyres screaming around a race track. He's not fussy though and his '90s Premier League nostalgia and knowledge of team nicknames is tough to match.