Rooney ready to celebrate record-breaking game in style
As England take to the field for the first game of the Sam Allardyce era against Slovakia on Sunday, Wayne Rooney will become the Three Lions’ most-capped outfield player and he’s 14/1 to celebrate it with a David Beckham-esque free-kick.
The two England legends are tied on 115 caps apiece, with Rooney set to move to 116 this weekend.
We’re offering 14/1 the Manchester United forward marks the occasion by fizzing in a direct free-kick.
As Sam Allardyce takes charge of the national team for the first time, the bookies make it 21/10 for the former Bolton manager to begin his reign victoriously.
And in another first, the match will be Ladbrokes’ bow as official England bookmaker.
To celebrate, we’re running this cracking offer…
Get Money Back If It’s a Draw*
We will refund losing bets up to £/€25 on selected markets if the match ends in a DRAW. Money Back as Free Bet. See below for full Terms and Conditions.
It’s 8/1 that Rooney and last season’s Premier League top scorer Harry Kane both find the net on Sunday, as qualifying for the 2018 World Cup gets underway, while it’s also 8s that two or more Tottenham players get on the scoresheet.
Meanwhile 20/1 says that ITV hand the Man of the Match award to surprise inclusion Michail Antonio, who could make his international debut this weekend.
A Ladbrokes spokesperson said: “To celebrate the match being our first as official England bookmaker, we’ve rolled out a massive offer. We’ll be cheering England on, but if the game does end in a draw fans will receive refunds on plenty of markets.”
“It’s a big night for Rooney too, and it would be poetry if the current captain marks the occasion with a set-piece befitting of England’s former skipper.”
Ladbrokes Latest Betting:
Slovakia v England
Slovakia v England Specials:
Vardy & Kane to score – 8/1
Rooney & Kane to score – 8/1
Rooney & Vardy to score – 10/1
Any England player to score a hat-trick – 16/1
Two or more Tottenham players to score – 8/1
Two or more Liverpool players to score – 8/1
Wayne Rooney to score a direct free-kick – 14/1
Michail Antonio to be ITV MOTM – 20/1
England to win all 10 WC 2018 Qualifying matches – 14/1
*MONEY BACK AS A FREE BET IF THE MATCH ENDS IN A DRAW.
Full T&Cs at https://www.ladbrokes.com/tc/englandmb/
- 1. If the Slovakia v England match on Sunday 4 September ends in a DRAW we will refund losing bets on that match (as detailed in term 4) up to £/€25 per market, as Free Bets.
2. Available to new and existing Online, Mobile, Tablet, SMS and Shops excluding shops located in Scotland. The offer does not apply to bets placed through Telebetting, BetStation, the Ladbrokes Exchange or shops in Scotland.
3. Offer applies to Single bets only. Refunds will not apply to any Multiple bets.
4. Offer applies to bets placed for Slovakia v England on the following markets (on 90 minutes play) before kick-off: Correct Score, First Player To Score, and Half Time/Full Time. The offer also applies to Match Result (Win Draw Win) bets placed in shop on The Grid. Match Result refunds do not apply to any other customers.
5. Any bet placed on an eligible market from 08:00 August 29th 2016 will qualify for the refund if the Slovakia v England match on 4 September 2016 ends in a Draw.
6. The offer only applies if the match ends in a Draw after 90 minutes. Any markets which are refunded are based on the 90 minutes result.
7. Offer applies to bets placed before kick-off of Slovakia v England at 5pm on Sunday 4 September. Bets placed in-play do not count.
8. Refunds for Online and Mobile customers apply to the first losing bet on each market, up to £/€25 per customer. Subsequent bets on the same market(s) will not count towards the offer.
9. Online, Mobile, and SMS free bet refunds will be credited within 24 hours and are then valid for 7 days.
10. Shop customers can have more than one Free Bet refund per market but the total amount of the Free Bet will not exceed £/€25 per customer per market.
11. In shops, the Free Bet will be issued when the losing receipt is presented at the counter and will be valid for 7 days.
12. The offer is open to Retail and Digital customers betting in £/€, or currency equivalent.
13. For general terms and conditions relating to Free Bet offers – see here.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.