Rooney can be England super sub against Slovenia
Wayne Rooney could be England’s hero against Slovenia, with the bookies offering 7/1 for the Three Lions’ all-time top scorer to come off the bench and net.
With the experienced hitman having netted in six of his last 13 England games, the 11/4 for him to come on and score could prove tempting.
Rooney can also be backed to score the game’s first goal at 5/1, with the 30-year-old having netted the opener in 18 games for the Three Lions.
And he certainly has previous against Slovenia, having struck in the last two meetings against Srecko Katanec’s men.
Gareth Southgate’s men are 7/10 for victory in Ljubljana, but should the game end in a draw (13/5), England’s official bookmaker will refund selected wagers as a free bet.
The Three Lions are 8/1 to win all of their World Cup qualifiers while it’s 4/5 they remain unbeaten throughout.
Backing them to retain a 100 per cent winning record at those odds could be the best bet of all, with England winning all 10 of their matches en route to Euro 2016, scoring 31 times and conceding just three.
Alex Donohue of Ladbrokes said: “Rooney has form when it comes to scoring the winner in this fixture and we’re not ruling out an equally important contribution from the bench this time around.”
Ladbrokes Latest Betting:
Slovenia – 19/4
Draw – 5/2
England – 4/6
***Money back as a free bet if the game ends in a draw*** (correct score, first goalscorer, HT/FT)
Wayne Rooney to score from the bench – 11/4
Wayne Rooney to score winner from the bench – 7/1
England to win all WCQ 2018 games – 8/1
England to remain unbeaten in WCQ 2018 – 4/5
1. If the England v Malta match on Saturday 8 October ends with Malta scoring against England we will refund losing bets on that match (as detailed in term 4) up to £/€25 per market, as Free Bets.
2. Available to new and existing Online, Mobile, Tablet, SMS and Shop customers excluding shops in Scotland. The offer does not apply to bets placed through Telebetting, BetStation, the Ladbrokes Exchange or shops located in Scotland.
3. Offer applies to Single bets only. Refunds will not apply to any Multiple bets.
4. Offer applies to bets placed for England v Malta on the following markets before kick-off: Correct Score and First Player to score.
5. Any bet placed on an eligible market from 08:00 Wednesday 5 October 2016 will qualify for the refund if the England v Malta match on Saturday 8 October ends with Malta scoring a goal against England.
6. Offer applies to bets placed before kick-off of England v Malta at 5pm on Saturday 8 October. Bets placed in-play do not count.
7. Refunds for Online and Mobile customers apply to the first losing bet on each market, up to £/€25 per customer. Subsequent bets on the same market(s) will not count towards the offer.
8. Online, Mobile, and SMS free bet refunds will be credited within 24 hours and are then valid for 7 days.
9. Shop customers can have more than one Free Bet refund per market but the total amount of the Free Bet will not exceed £/€25 per customer per market.
10. In shops, the Free Bet will be issued when the losing receipt is presented at the counter and will be valid for 7 days.
11. The offer is open to Retail and Digital customers betting in £/€, or currency equivalent.
12. For general terms and conditions relating to Free Bet offers – see here.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing