Man United v Bournemouth: Zlatan and co ready to return to the top four
This weekend’s Premier League action begins at Old Trafford, where newly-crowned EFL Cup champions Manchester United host Bournemouth.
And our odds of 1/4 on Jose Mourinho’s men picking up three points suggest this should be a fairly straightforward encounter.
Victory will also see United return to the top-four for the first time since September.
Having picked up just one point from their last six games, the south coast club are being sucked into a relegation scrap.
And they’re unlikely to find much joy at Old Trafford, with the Red Devils unbeaten at home since September while they’ve been beaten just once in any competition in their last 26 fixtures.
The main problem for United this season has been scoring goals, with the Reds netting 12 times fewer than any other top-six side.
But Bournemouth have conceded two or more in 12 of their last 14 fixtures, so backing the hosts on the -1 handicap at 8/11 should return better value than outright WDW.
And when you note that the Cherries have let in at least three goals in all of their visits to top-six sides this term, it may also be worth backing Mourinho’s men -2 at 7/4.
Of further concern for Howe is that they’re conceding early, and haven’t made it to half-time with a clean sheet in five of their last six.
Indeed they haven’t lasted 10 minutes in any of their last three games, which points us to a Man United/Man United Half-Time/Full-Time Double at 8/11.
Though we alluded to United’s goal-shy issues, one man has consistently come up trumps for the Reds, and of course, that’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
His EFL Cup-winning double took the Swede’s tally to 26 for the season, and with 15 of those coming in the league, it’s 11/5 he nets the opener.
But if it’s not Zlatan who breaks the deadlock, then more often than not Juan Mata is the man.
The Spaniard has already scored first four times in the league this season, making the 11/2 on him to do so again very tempting.
Bournemouth’s hopes will rest on Josh King, who has netted each of the Cherries’ last three goals, and four of their last five.
A former Man United youth player, King made just one senior appearance for the club, but is 12/1 to net first and remind them what they may have missed out on.
Plus, having a bet on the lunch-time kick-off?
Bet £20 In-Play on Manchester United v Bournemouth and get a free £10 In-Play Bet on Tottenham v Everton (KO 13:30 Sunday)!*
Terms and Conditions:
1. Place a bet of £/€20 or more in-play on Man Utd v Bournemouth (KO 12:30) on Saturday 4th March at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free in-play bet of £/€10 to redeem on Tottenham v Everton (Sunday 5th March 13:30).
2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Man Utd v Bournemouth which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in-play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of Tottenham v Everton.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in-play bet on Tottenham v Everton on Sunday 5th March.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing