England odds-on favourites to beat Pakistan and reach Sunday’s final
Having confidently negotiated the group stages, England are just one win away from reaching the ICC Champions Trophy final – and the odds suggest they’ll get there.
Eoin Morgan’s men are 1/3 favourites to defeat Pakistan in Cardiff, having already seen off Bangladesh, New Zealand and Australia.
A surprise semi-final loss is 5/2, but it’s hard to see England slipping up.
It’s the batting strength and depth which is England’s primary asset, and they’ve used it to great effect so far this month.
The side have comfortably reached or been on target for 300+ in each of their group games, and both Joe Root and Ben Stokes have smashed in century knocks.
There’s been a 95 from Alex Hales too, and another crucial 64 from the Test skipper against Australia.
Pakistan have done well to bounce back from losing their opener versus India, defeating South Africa via the Duckworth/Lewis method.
But they made hard work of progression against Sri Lanka, eventually winning by just three wickets.
Plus, England trounced their semi-final opponents 4-1 during a five-match ODI tour last year.
The under-fire Jason Roy is 4/1, and the Surrey opener could really do with putting in a big performance here.
That’s assuming Roy isn’t dropped of course. Jonny Bairstow is waiting in the wings and is also 4/1 to hit the most runs.
A quartet of bowlers are 7/2 to take the most wickets for England, but we’ll lean towards Liam Plunkett, who has already accounted for eight batsmen in the tournament.
With India 1/5 to defeat surprise qualifiers Bangladesh in the other semi, we should be heading for an India-England showdown.
And should that happen, then the betting suggests we’re in for an almighty tussle with India the 6/5 favourites, just ahead of England at 5/4.
Plus, we’re offering you an incredible concession on this first semi-final…
Get Money Back if your team loses but a player scores a century!*
Place a single match bet on an ICC Champions Trophy fixture, and if a player from your team scores a century we will refund your stake as a free bet up to £/€50 if your team loses the match. See below for full Terms and Conditions.
1. Place a single match bet on an ICC Champions Trophy fixture, and if a player from your team scores a century we will refund your stake as a free bet up to £/€50 if your team loses the match.
2. Available to new and existing Online and Mobile customers only. The offer does not apply to bets placed through Shops, Telebetting, BetStation or the Ladbrokes Exchange.
3. Offer is available on all matches in the ICC Champions Trophy between Thursday 1st June and Sunday 18th June 2017.
4. To be eligible for a refund of up to £/€50, your selection must have lost the fixture and any player from your selected team must successfully record a minimum of 100 runs.
5. Offer applies to Single bets only. Refunds will not apply to any Multiple bets.
6. Offer applies to Match Betting from 9am the day prior to the match only.
7. Only bets placed prior to the scheduled start of play are eligible for this promotion. Bets placed in play do not count.
8. Free bet refunds will be credited within 24 hours and are then valid for 7 days.
9. Refunds for Online and Mobile customers apply to the first losing bet on the Match Betting market, up to £/€50 per customer. Subsequent bets on the same market will not count towards the offer.
10. The offer is open to Digital customers betting in £/€, or currency equivalent.
11. For general terms and conditions relating to Free Bet offers – see here.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing