Watford v Tottenham: Spurs ready to kick-off 2017 with victory
The New Year’s Premier League action begins at Vicarage Road, when Watford host Tottenham. On paper this should be a tricky test for Mauricio Pochettino’s men, but the visitors should be starting 2017 as they ended 2016.
Spurs have won their last three, notching nine goals in that time, while the Hornets have won only one in six.
They may sit comfortably in mid-table, but it would only take a few results to go against them and Watford could soon fall into a relegation scrap.
It’s funny how a Premier League table can shake out. Tottenham have four points more at this stage of the season than they did 12 months ago, yet they sit an extra four points off the league leaders.
But while a title tilt may remain elusive for another season, a quest for the top four is certainly within reach.
Plenty will be backing the visitors, who have only lost to Chelsea and Manchester United this season, while also defeating Watford in each of the last five meetings in all competitions.
Only four sides have conceded more goals at home than the Hornets, so backing Spurs -1 at 7/4 should prove popular.
And with Watford netting in eight of their nine home games, Tottenham to win and both teams to score – for the third game in a row – is 11/4.
Harry Kane leads the first goalscorer betting, and with six goals in eight games since returning from injury, it’s no surprise the England international is 10/3 favourite to score the first Premier League goal of the year.
After labouring through the Autumn with four straight draws, Spurs are looking back to their best of late.
And that’s bad news for a Watford side who could really use some New Year impetus.
PLUS – Having a bet on the big game?
Bet £20 in-play on Watford v Tottenham and receive a FREE £10 in-play bet on Middlesbrough v Leicester
Full Terms & Conditions
1. Place a bet of £/€20 or more in-play on Watford v Tottenham (KO 13:30) on Sunday 1st January at minimum odds of 1/2. You will then receive a free in-play bet of £/€10 to redeem on Middlesbrough v Leicester (Monday 2nd January, KO 12:30).
2. In-play bets that are Cashed Out will not qualify for the offer.
3. Provided you place a Single in-play bet of £/€20 or more on Watford v Tottenham which meets the qualifying criteria, you will then receive the £/€10 free bet, regardless of other in-play bets placed on the game.
4. Offer is available to new and existing MOBILE OR TABLET CUSTOMERS ONLY. Offer does NOT apply to customers betting online, through sms, via telephone or to shop customers.
5. Only one in-play free bet value issued of £/€10. One per customer.
6. The £/€10 free bet will be paid into your account at the kick-off of Liverpool v Stoke.
7. You must be aged 18 years or over to bet and participate in this promotion.
8. Void bets do not count.
9. Bets placed with Free Bets do not count towards the offer.
10. Free Bets can be redeemed through Online, Mobile or Telebetting.
11. The Free Bet can only be redeemed on an in-play bet on Middlesbrough v Leicester on Monday 2nd January.
12. Free Bets must be used in their entirety as a Win Single and cannot be split into multiple stakes. A Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a bet for a lesser total stake than the value of your Free Bet, the remaining value of the Free Bet will be void.
13. Free Bets are non-refundable. Stakes will not be returned on winning bets placed with Free Bets.
14. Free Bets cannot be redeemed on any other online product or event including other Football events.
15. Redeemed Free Bets will not count toward qualification to view streamed events.
16. Free Bets do not count towards qualifying for any other promotional offers.
17. Bets placed on Ladbrokes Exchange do not qualify for the promotion.
18. Ladbrokes reserves the right, at its discretion, to exclude individual customers from this and other promotions, including money back and Free Bet offers.
19. Ladbrokes accepts no responsibility for system or connection problems that might affect any end user during the promotion.
20. Offer is open to customers living in the UK and Republic of Ireland only.
21. Ladbrokes may determine at its sole discretion whether it believes different entries or accounts are connected to the same person, using whatever methods it deems appropriate.
22. In the event of a breach of these terms and conditions, Ladbrokes reserves the right to take such action as it deems appropriate in its absolute discretion.
23. The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
PLEASE BET RESPONSIBLY. gambleaware.co.uk
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publlishing