The Professor’s Week That Was: Week 2 Answers
How do you think you fared when taking on the latest edition of The Professor’s Week That Was quiz?
All of The Prof’s questions were tried and tested out before release (one of the Ladbrokes News team did pretty well) and it’s now time for the big reveal.
Were you paying attention?
Here are those all-important answers:
1. Who was Jo-Wilfried Tsonga’s doubles partner against the Murray brothers during Saturday’s gripping Davis Cup rubber?
Answer: Nicolas Mahut
2. For only the second time in the 155-year history of the Open, play will run into Monday. In which other year was there play on a fourth-day?
3. Which MLS club did Steven Gerrard open his LA Galaxy account against in a 5-2 win?
Answer: San Jose Earthquakes
4. Which legendary flat jockey has announced he’ll be retiring after Glorious Goodwood, a few weeks earlier than originally planned?
Answer: Richard Hughes
5. Which club managed by former Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari signed Robinho last week following his release from Santos?
Answer: Guangzhou Evergrande
6. Name the British heavyweight whose career is now teetering on the brink following a second-round knockout against Erkan Teper
Answer: David Price
7. Who has just been elected president of Barcelona FC, defeating former incumbent Joan Laporta?
Answer: Josep Maria Bartomeu
8. Which two Australian batsmen made mincemeat of England’s bowling attack to score 173 and 215 runs respectively in the Baggy Greens’ 1st innings of the 2nd Ashes Test?
Answer: Chris Rogers and Steve Smith
9. Name the Celtic new boy who bagged the opener in the Hoops’ 2-0 success over Icelandic side Stjarnan in the Champions League second qualifying round.
Answer: Dedryck Boyata
10. Top seed Michael van Gerwen made it through to the second round of the World Matchplay darts in Blackpool by beating a fellow Dutchman. Can you name him?
Answer: Benito van de Pas
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £25 in free bets