Take on the Professor: Will Man City fans give our genius the blues?
The Professor is back after a well-earned break and ready to put his tipping powers to the test once again as we approach the second round of Premier League fixtures
And in a twist from last season’s format we’ve invited a load of fans and bloggers to have a crack at the bearded genius.
Yes, we’ll soon find out just how knowledgeable (or jammy) our selection of super supporters are when The Professor puts them through their paces.
First up is Alex Timperley from the Manchester City blog, Typical City.
Alex has been given a £25 FREE BET by The Prof (or perhaps Generous John?) ahead of his team’s Super Sunday clash with Chelsea.
Now all he has to do is beat the bearded calculator’s predictions.
The format is simple.
For each correct pick, the entrant will be awarded the odds paid out on that selection.
For example, a correct 20/1 selection will reward 20 points. There will be no penalty for an incorrect selection.
All scores will be recorded and added to a Take On #TheProfessor table and towards the end of the season the top four bloggers will go head-to-head in a knockout format. The winner then receives the coveted Take on #TheProfessor Trophy.
Here’s how our two combatants have called the big match…
How did our man reach these conclusions?
– Recent encounters between these two sides have been fairly cagey. You have to go back to October 2013 (five meetings ago) for the last time there were over 2.5 goals scored and with Chelsea likely to be on the defensive a tight contest should ensue.
– Half of Sergio Aguero’s 26 goals last term broke the deadlock and the Argentine will be eager to prove his worth once again and fire City to victory.
– There have been five red cards shown in the pair’s previous 14 encounters (discounting friendlies) while Chelsea have been down to 10 men in two of their last three Premier League games.
Terms and Conditions summary:
– One chosen fan blogger, will be contacted and asked if they’d like to take part before receiving their £25 FREE BET and choosing their selections.
– Ladbrokes News Team will then inform the participant of their selections so that both parties are fully aware of what’s been chosen in advance to kick off.
– After the chosen game we will add up scores and make the blogger aware of the outcome in a news story.
– The four semi-finalists will go head-to-head in a knockout format to win the Take On #TheProfessor trophy at the end of the season.
– The chosen candidate will have 24 hours to get back to us with their selections before we look for another contender.
– A maximum of £/€25 Free Bet (or currency equivalent) will be awarded to the winning customer. In the event that the The Professor, under the guise of the News Team, are declared the winners, the prize fund will rollover in increments of £/€25 for each week/round of games.
– The promoter is Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP, a limited partnership registered in Gibraltar, number 44, whose registered office is 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar.
For full Terms and Conditions please click here:
All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.
Fancy a flutter? Sign up today to claim up to £50 in free bets.