Home  »     »   United need to win tonight’s Manchester derby more than City

United need to win tonight’s Manchester derby more than City

| 26.10.2016

It’s the second Manchester derby of the season tonight, and with plenty at stake for both halves of the city, it’s the red section which needs the win more.

That’s the verdict of today’s @Ladbrokes Twitter poll, which asked which of Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola’s sides needed a victory more.

And after a dismal run of form which has seen them fail to win five of their last seven domestic fixtures, it was United who resoundingly won today’s vote.

The Old Trafford outfit claimed a huge 74 per cent of the poll, leaving City far behind with 26 per cent.

UnitedCity

Though the poll result says United need a win more, it’s perhaps worth noting that City’s current form is actually worse.

Guardiola’s men are currently enduring a five-game winless streak in all competitions, while tonight’s hosts can at least point to victory over Fenerbahce in the Europa League.

United go into tonight’s contest at 6/4, with the Citizens 19/10 for a second win at the home of their local foes this season.

The bookies are 4/5 on United to progress into the quarter-finals, with City deemed an Evens chance of making the last eight.

Sergio Aguero is 9/2 favourite to score first, closely followed by Zlatan Ibrahimovic at 5/1.

United are 7/2 to win with both teams to score, while 15/4 says City prevail in 90 minutes despite both keepers being beaten.

All Odds and Markets are correct as of the date of publishing.

«
»

Author

Richard Marsh

Richard loves his sport, especially if it involves the sound of tyres screaming around a race track. He's not fussy though and his '90s Premier League nostalgia and knowledge of team nicknames is tough to match.