What is 5-A-Side?
Want to explore an epic new way to bet? Then come and play 5-A-Side with Ladbrokes!
It’s simple. Pick your formation. Select your players. Be the boss.
Combining the best of Fantasy Football with our range of Football markets, with 5-A-Side you build your own team of players, select the stat to go with them and build your odds accordingly to complete your 5-A-Side bet!
You can choose from an array of bespoke formations, including All Out Attack, Rush Goalie, Gung Ho and more, plus key positions such as Hacker, Baller, Playmaker, Sniper, Finisher!
How do I play 5-A-Side?
Playing 5-A-Side is really simple. Log in to your Ladbrokes account and head to the 5-A-Side page within our Sportsbook to find our latest 5-A-Side fixtures.
Not sure what the 5-A-Side tab looks like? It’s identifiable by our bespoke 5-A-Side badge.
5-A-Side is available on all Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1 matches, so there’s always plenty of matches to choose from.
Jump into whichever fixture you fancy, and start building your team!
When you’ve opened your 5-A-Side window, you’ll be greeted with a unique pitch layout with formations lined up along the top. Click through each to see which formation suits your team best.
You can choose from Balanced, All Out Attack, Rush Goalie, Park The Bus, Gung Ho! Plus Shoot On Sight. What sort of manager will you be?
- Balanced: Your standard 1-1-2-1 5-A-Side formation. You’re well-covered in all areas but will a balanced line-up be enough to get the job done?
- All Out Attack: Fancy an attacking masterpiece? All Out Attack skips the midfield completely, with a 1-1-0-3 line-up.
- Rush Goalie: Back to the old days with this one! Who needs goalkeepers anyway? Go Rush Goalie for a 0-1-2-2 line-up.
- Park The Bus: This is one for the defensive purists of the Diego Simeone and Jose Mourinho scholarship. Pile in with your defenders in this 1-3-0-1 formation.
- Gung Ho!: There’s no hanging around here. Leave the defenders behind with this 1-1-3 striker-loving five-some!
- Shoot On Sight: Love a worldie from outside the box? Then this is the one for you with a 1-0-2-2 line-up full of long-range, goalie-floundering options!
Now you’ve pinned down your formations, it’s time to make the key decisions with your players…
5-A-Side Player Positions
- Keeper: Backing him for a clean sheet or a game to forget? Pick your man between the sticks and choose how many goals you expect him to concede.
- Hacker: Fancy a player to keep the referee busy? Stick a hacker in your 5-A-Side team if you fancy a player to be carded.
- Cruncher: Got a defensive maestro in mind? Select a Cruncher and decide how many tackles you think he’ll win.
- Baller: If you’ve got a player in mind to make a lot of passes, then get a Baller in your five. Select your player and choose how many passes they’ll make.
- Playmaker: Fancy an assist-king to run the show? That’s what the Playmaker is for. Pick your player and choose how many assists they’ll supply for their team.
- Chancer: Everyone loves a hopeful punt from outside the box! Choose your Chancer if you’re backing a player to fire them at goal from outside the area.
- Sniper: Inside the box, outside the box, the Sniper doesn’t care. As long as he’s shooting at goal he’s happy. Select a Sniper if you fancy a player to keep flinging the shots in.
- Finisher: Sometimes a player is in form and they just can’t miss. In which case, make him your Finisher and choose how many goals he’ll be grabbing.
- Sharp-shooter: A Sniper is all well and good, but a Sharp-Shooter knows how to hit the target. Stick one in your team if you’re backing a striker whose accuracy is on point.
NOT FOUND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR? HIT A QUICK LINK